Third TMS Covid 19 Webinar to Focus on Digitalisation and Business Transformation
28th May 2020, UAE: Digitalisation and Business transformation in the pandemic era
Petroenergy.id, DUBAI - The Maritime Standard is holding the third in its highly successful Covid 19: A Leadership Perspective Series on Wednesday 3rd June at 12.30pm Dubai time. On this occasion the Webinar will focus primarily on the potential, and actual impacts of Covid-19 in terms of digitalisation within the shipping, ports, logistics and related sectors, as well as other factors driving business transformation. There are many who believe that the crisis offers the chance to accelerate the use of digital tools, with short and long term benefits, and the Webinar is an ideal chance to assess emerging possibilities. It may hasten fundamental changes in other areas of business life - home working for example.
An experienced group of senior executives from different sectors of the maritime industry has been assembled as panelists on the Webinar to discuss the application of digital transformation tools to overcome issues generated by the pandemic, and help keep supply chains moving safely and efficiently, as well as the longer term possibilities. As well as digitalisation, panelists will discuss broader issues relating to business transformation in their particular spheres of activity. Confirmed panelists include:
- H.E. Eng. Ahmed Shareef Al Khoori, Director General, Federal Transport Authority – Land & Maritime
- Angus Frew, Secretary General and CEO, BIMCO
- Capt Abdulkareem Al Masabi, CEO, ADNOC Logistics & Services
- Abdulla Bin Damithan, COO, DP World, UAE Region
- Said Al Maawali, CEO, Oman Shipping Company & CEO, Oman Dry Dock Company
- Dhruv Kotak, Managing Director, JM Baxi Group
- Richard Briggs, Vice Chairman, Emirates Maritime Arbitration Center (EMAC)
Topics proposed for discussion include:
- Digitalisation during the pandemic - game changer or short term fix?
- Challenges faced by shipping in accelerating the roll out of digitalisation
- The impact of digitalisation on seafarer welfare
- Automation in ports and terminals
- Digitalising the maritime law environment
- Moving paperless ashore and onboard
- Breaking down trade barriers with digital innovation
- Autonomous shipping - the future?
- Digital tools for tanker shipping
- How will the pandemic drive business transformation in other respects?
- Safety for seafarers - how can digital tools assist at a time of pandemic.
The Webinar will start with brief introductions from Trevor Pereira, Managing Director of The Maritime Standard, and The Maritime Standard Editor, Clive Woodbridge, who will moderate the session. Each panelist will be invited in turn to give a short summary of their view of the current crisis and its impact in terms of digitalisation of no more than 1 minute. Clive will then ask a key question to each panelist based on their particular area of expertise, that will get them to assess the current situation as well as look forward to the medium and long term implications.
This part of the webinar will be fast paced, lively and informal, giving the panelists the chance to indicate what is influencing their thinking as they assess unprecedented challenges and possible fundamental long term changes. It is expected to last for around 45 minutes.
There will then be a short commercial break, after which there will be a chance for online attendees to raise their own questions which will be put to the panelists. Clive as moderator will select the most topical and interesting from those submitted. [babeh/release]